Security Installer Community

Ljd - Digitalvideos.co.uk

topalarms

Anyone else had problems with LJD and lack of support?

Seems like they are box-shifters with no idea of customer service and resolving problems with faulty equipment.

I've had problems which they wont resolve and I've heard of a number of other installers who cant get satisfaction with faulty/incomplete equipment.

Anyone else here had problems with LJD?

Never used them myself and probably never will, looks like you have learnt the hard way, you are not alone.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Anyone else had problems with LJD and lack of support?

Seems like they are box-shifters with no idea of customer service and resolving problems with faulty equipment.

I've had problems which they wont resolve and I've heard of a number of other installers who cant get satisfaction with faulty/incomplete equipment.

Anyone else here had problems with LJD?

i used to use their kit, and tbh the Leviathan range is very powerful and also very reliable gear, and got to be honest no real bother with any camera's i bought other than a PTZ kit.

my biggest issue's are i dislike factoring intensely if the kit has had to go back the RMA procedure is fairly abysmal and can cause you some severe hair loss, so then you have kit the client is not happy t pay for until sorted but Barclays are chasing you for payment.

i now use System Q, their DVRs not being windows based are not as powerful especially the search rotines, but nothing is too much trouble, tech backup is prompt, polite, informative and concise, given from the refreshing point of view that you have not blown anything up - so absolutely priceless respect given to you the client imo!

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

I would just like to add my two peneth.

Yes the support is not good but what do you expect from box shifters.

We use there NVT and for the price you can not beat it there 4 way tx and rx are great passive and powerd and there single balluns fit into the Vantage domes really nicely also managed to get past the problem on the DM range where its looking for a bang on 0 volts peak to peak we had an original 32 way rx hubb on 2 DS2s and we had to change it we used LJD and it was fantastic we have now heard NVT have now done a mod for the DM range and are going to do a swap for free.

We have just fitted an Apolo and a Zeus there new range and the playback is awsome and the operation for the end user is miles easier than the old units all mouse driven yes you get a mouse with it and lots of nice features, you get what you pay for and I couldnt knock either of these units or there transmisson.

Never judge a book by its cover.

Anyway thats just me but have a nice christmas and a fantasic new year.

Garry.

You can lead a horse to water but you carnt climb a ladder with a bell in both hands.

i used to use their kit, and tbh the Leviathan range is very powerful and also very reliable gear, and got to be honest no real bother with any camera's i bought other than a PTZ kit.

my biggest issue's are i dislike factoring intensely if the kit has had to go back the RMA procedure is fairly abysmal and can cause you some severe hair loss, so then you have kit the client is not happy t pay for until sorted but Barclays are chasing you for payment.

i now use System Q, their DVRs not being windows based are not as powerful especially the search rotines, but nothing is too much trouble, tech backup is prompt, polite, informative and concise, given from the refreshing point of view that you have not blown anything up - so absolutely priceless respect given to you the client imo!

regs

alan

Hmmm, Q can't be bothered to send me a manual for a

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

Aren't the manuals on their website after logging in.? Which manual are you after.?

They hadn't written it when they sent out the DVR, but they never told me that, 1st DVR from them that I told them I was going to evaluate came with only a quickstart guide. On complaining I got a link to the old models guide (Which is by all accounts the same machine) and a comment that the manual was being written....I asked for it to be sent to me and reminded them but nothing....If I had a copy of the old guide it wouldn't be so bad but I thought this was sloppy customer service. Excellent product though!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Amateur Radio Forum

They hadn't written it when they sent out the DVR, but they never told me that, 1st DVR from them that I told them I was going to evaluate came with only a quickstart guide. On complaining I got a link to the old models guide (Which is by all accounts the same machine) and a comment that the manual was being written....I asked for it to be sent to me and reminded them but nothing....If I had a copy of the old guide it wouldn't be so bad but I thought this was sloppy customer service. Excellent product though!

that wouldnt be dvr365 :hmm:

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

:yes: Latest model.

all i can say is :lol:

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

At least with SystemQ you get warranty and support - LJD seem to think they just ship it out and forget it, even if its faulty or got parts missing. An installer friend of mine has had ongoing problems with a DVR, so long that warranty has expired and LJD arent interested even though the problems are from day 1 - now he's got a 2nd with similar problems and similar response from LJD!

No need to guess whats going to happen there - seems like LJD are bad news.

most of their manuals are downloadable from their site (if registered for access), i'll try find it and send it over if you ping me an email address.

regs

alan

Hi Alan, don't misunderstand me I "can" get the manual, point is it was supplied without it, no information about it being "missing" and despite two emails asking for the updated manual they didn't bother?

A bit daft as I now buy elsewhere unless I have to?

As for buying kit which proves to be faulty, simply buy on a credit card. If the goods go faulty and the supplier won't replace/refund then fill in a form with the CC company and by law they have to refund you then they chargeback the supplier.

Works ok, I did it to an American company that decided to jerk me around over postage fees.

There is a minimum ammount, used to be

My Amateur Radio Forum

Guest anguscanplay
Hi Alan, don't misunderstand me I "can" get the manual, point is it was supplied without it, no information about it being "missing" and despite two emails asking for the updated manual they didn't bother?

er that be like the fire alarm panel I once tried to fit then LOL

Boxshifters definitely,though the Leviathan is a good bit of kit when you find one that is trouble free. What annoys me is: 1)The RMA procedure-or lack of 2) The repaired product comes back rattling full of lost screws!

Boxshifters definitely,though the Leviathan is a good bit of kit when you find one that is trouble free. What annoys me is: 1)The RMA procedure-or lack of 2) The repaired product comes back rattling full of lost screws!

company i worked for 2 years ago used them and after seeing the quality of kit they produced/sold on i was not impressed look like cheap chinese or japanese equipment no offence to either country intednded) :no:)

As for buying kit which proves to be faulty, simply buy on a credit card. If the goods go faulty and the supplier won't replace/refund then fill in a form with the CC company and by law they have to refund you then they chargeback the supplier.

Works ok, I did it to an American company that decided to jerk me around over postage fees.

There is a minimum ammount, used to be

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

not totally sure about this, but is'nt that consumer protection only for private transactions not valid for commercial transactions? :unsure: .

if you are right and as LJD as System Q pass the invoicing over to a 3rd party factoring agent, then effectively such consumer credit protection might also apply as they act in near the same way as a '3rd party' credit card.

regs

alan

Hi Alan, I did mean my personal CC not a business one, however you would need to ask a lawyer if the rules apply to business cards as well?

Good point! :hmm:

My Amateur Radio Forum

Hi , we have used LJD for a number of years and have had no real problems with there product with the exception of some of there earlier DVRS. Generally speaking we have had acceptable support certainly better than VCL provided when they were on the go.

Mike Cox

MD

Delbank Marketing [CCTV] Ltd

Archived