Security Installer Community

Help - Best Place For Pir's?

andyrav

Can some one tell me where the best place would be to install the pir sensors on this house plan.

many thanks in advance

Andy

If it was a new property and viewed from inside looking out towards the front door & without a risk assessment that may change everything.

Front door - contact

Kitchen Door - contact

Hall - PIR Front left

Lounge - PIR Front Right

Kitchen - Duel Tec Rear right

Landing - PIR Rear Left

This is my opinion and not a guarantee that it is suitable for the application you have in mind.

PS how do you get in bedroom one?

Trade Member

If it was a new property and viewed from inside looking out towards the front door & without a risk assessment that may change everything.

Front door - contact

Kitchen Door - contact

Hall - PIR Front left

Lounge - PIR Front Right

Kitchen - Duel Tec Rear right

Landing - PIR Rear Left

This is my opinion and not a guarantee that it is suitable for the application you have in mind.

PS how do you get in bedroom one?

window prehaps??? :whistle:

Kitchen dual tec is a bit over the top imo.

not really imo markovitch,

i always consider kitchens and conservatories as 'hostile' environments, often timed cookers get switch on so the meal is ready on arrival, also most likely area's for small windows to be left ajar to allow the cooking smells to abate. also if they have kids then will they get to look after 'joey the rabbit' for half term. so where is it kept? in the kitchen or conservatory :rolleyes: .

no matter how many times you tell the client, they will always leave a kitchen window open a few notches, so a dual tec in the kitchen is a very very good precaution.

regs

Alan

(trust the voice of experience :yes: )

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Can some one tell me where the best place would be to install the pir sensors on this house plan.

many thanks in advance

Andy

to be honest,

i would not suggest anyone to say where they would place the detectors based on your drawings alone, you have not noted any items of value sort of things like shotgun cabinet, kids room with flat roof outside or you may have highly valuable items either in cost or intrinsic value to yourself.

sources of droughts, blind spots, drain pipes, lean-to and so on.

all detectors like pir's come with a manufacturers guide, so please read it and follow that advice.

after all they should know best as they made them :whistle:

if your uncertain then simply ask a few recommended local alarm companies to specify before you fit, and who knows they may be cheap enough to save you all the bother :)

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

to be honest,

i would not suggest anyone to say where they would place the detectors based on your drawings alone, you have not noted any items of value sort of things like shotgun cabinet, kids room with flat roof outside or you may have highly valuable items either in cost or intrinsic value to yourself.

sources of droughts, blind spots, drain pipes, lean-to and so on.

all detectors like pir's come with a manufacturers guide, so please read it and follow that advice.

after all they should know best as they made them :whistle:

if your uncertain then simply ask a few recommended local alarm companies to specify before you fit, and who knows they may be cheap enough to save you all the bother :)

regs

alan

This is the reason i hate domestic installs, I spend about an hour doing a RA and 3/4 page quote to find joe public is fishing for info to do a poor DIY job,

Archived