Security Installer Community

Bell Of A Rio Help Please.

Garry

Hiya all.

Triggers are not a problem but how do I doo my return do I have to put the resistors in the bell or at the RIO.

Any help appreciated DUH!!

Regards.

Garry

You can lead a horse to water but you carnt climb a ladder with a bell in both hands.

Hi

The way my company does it is to fit a relay in the RIO usually a small AB relay. You put a permant 12v positve on to the relay and wire your negative return from the SAB into the negative terminal of relay. That way relay is always energized and if SAB is opened the relay will change state. Then wire resitors in to N/C connections with wires going to zone. Hope this helps.

Scott

Hi

The way my company does it is to fit a relay in the RIO usually a small AB relay. You put a permant 12v positve on to the relay and wire your negative return from the SAB into the negative terminal of relay. That way relay is always energized and if SAB is opened the relay will change state. Then wire resitors in to N/C connections with wires going to zone. Hope this helps.

Scott

Thats the way i would do it.

BUT. If its not a smart rio you will find the output wont give enough current to trigger a bell.

If its a normal RIO set the bell in SCB mode and it will work fine.

Hiya all.

Triggers are not a problem but how do I doo my return do I have to put the resistors in the bell or at the RIO.

Any help appreciated DUH!!

Regards.

Garry

Don't fire the strobe directly off an output use a relay.

Archived