Security Installer Community

Galaxy 2-20 & Adsl

simonw

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
you dont have to worry about wiring the second phone into the galaxy - just connect them all to 2 and 5 in the back of the BT faceplate

amateurandy - I was hoping to have the option of using the "real" master socket with the filter faceplate for both phone and modem connections. Is there a problem with using a phone in the master socket?

Anguscanplay - Do you mean like the attached? Is this a better (because it's simpler) option?

anyone - I haven't installed a seize unit anywhere and I don't know whether one is included as an integral part of the standard Galaxy 2-20 panel. Is this likely to be an issue?

post-11400-1190150522_thumb.jpg

amateurandy - I was hoping to have the option of using the "real" master socket with the filter faceplate for both phone and modem connections. Is there a problem with using a phone in the master socket?

No problem at all, unless you want to use a line seize unit, but you say you don't.

Guest anguscanplay

Anguscanplay - Do you mean like the attached? Is this a better (because it's simpler) option? yep

anyone - I haven't installed a seize unit anywhere and I don't know whether one is included as an integral part of the standard Galaxy 2-20 panel. Is this likely to be an issue?

IMO ( legal discalimer - lol ) if you need a " line seize " unit you need more than a DIY install anyway - perhaps you could connect it to an ex directory incoming calls barred line ? ( ahh that takes me back to the days before redcare - lol )

let us know how you get on

Angus

IMO ( legal discalimer - lol ) if you need a " line seize " unit you need more than a DIY install anyway - perhaps you could connect it to an ex directory incoming calls barred line ? ( ahh that takes me back to the days before redcare - lol )

let us know how you get on

Angus

Well I guess that just about wraps it up then.

I'll put Angus's suggested simplified wiring option in tomorrow and I'll forget all about the seize unit.

It just remains for me to thank everyone for giving such kind help and advice - cheers!

Simon

Guest anguscanplay
Well I guess that just about wraps it up then.

I'll put Angus's suggested simplified wiring option in tomorrow and I'll forget all about the seize unit.

It just remains for me to thank everyone for giving such kind help and advice - cheers!

Simon

no problem - collection dish is by the door ( only joking lol )

Archived