Security Installer Community

Best Budget Cctv To Watch Car?

gadgevxr

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Been looking into it in more depth. Basically if i get a IP wireless external cam, it will connect to my home network via the wireless router i have? Dont need nothing else?

they are cheap and horrid mate. go for a good hard wired day/night [colour/mono] camera. avoid the cheapo imports with the LEDS around the lense. get a true day night if you have a little street light.

regards

they are cheap and horrid mate. go for a good hard wired day/night [colour/mono] camera. avoid the cheapo imports with the LEDS around the lense. get a true day night if you have a little street light.

regards

any recommendations?

I've decided that i'll go hard wired, but still unsure whether to IP or non-IP? I want a discreet cam. Also what best value? getting a dvr or just plugging an ip cam into the pc? How much is a typical day/night cam? Why do people dislike the IR cams?

I've decided that i'll go hard wired, but still unsure whether to IP or non-IP? I want a discreet cam. Also what best value? getting a dvr or just plugging an ip cam into the pc? How much is a typical day/night cam? Why do people dislike the IR cams?

there are a few day/nights i use but they are trade only so no point telling you what they are called.

IR bullet cams were not what they were cracked up to be. spiders webs dirty lense ect. ect. all cause the IR to bounce back.

if you have street light [minimal] you will be much better with a true day night, and if you need the light try an IR lamp with it.

but tbh for a good set up you would be better off saving a litle more and getting a pro in, as we have access to all the best equipment and the know how.

ps: i would go with a stand alone dvr, keep it totally seperate from your comp, as it will slow it down and cause all sorts of issues. plus dvrs were designed with cctv in mind.

Guest anguscanplay

remember day/night camera is an oxymoron - quick test for you i call it the newspaper test - go outside tonight and try and read a newspaper if your struugling so will the camera and any movement will be a blur on playback

we discused it in detail here last week

I do have lighting. I have two 150w floods looking down the side of the house so that when i pull up the drive, the pir kicks the flood off. There also there to put light on anyone going around the back. i also have a porch light too. The car is within 3 meters of both porch light and floods. Also the camera would be within this range.

Can anyone narrow a camera down for me? Believe me i have spent most of the day reasearching and my heads banging because theres too much choice!

i should add that i have a budget of

Guest anguscanplay
I do have lighting. I have two 150w floods looking down the side of the house so that when i pull up the drive, the pir kicks the flood off. There also there to put light on anyone going around the back. i also have a porch light too. The car is within 3 meters of both porch light and floods. Also the camera would be within this range.

Can anyone narrow a camera down for me? Believe me i have spent most of the day reasearching and my heads banging because theres too much choice!

Archived