Security Installer Community

Optima XM - Won't Reset

Guest nidgep

Guest nidgep

HI Guys

Can anyone tell me firstly why this happened and then how to reset an Optima XM control panel?

Following a power cut the other day the Optima XM control panel is indicating an alarm on zone 4 (one of the downstairs rooms - PIR). The keypad on the control panel will not respond at all even if the power indicator is satisified.

I am intending to open the panel and remove the +12v to the PIR and then re-apply it in the hope that this resolves the problem.

Whenever the power has been lost in the past there has not been a problem, so whats wrong this time?

Any help/tips or pointers would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Sounds like dead battery, get a new battery and then power down the pansl then power back up - with the new battery. This should fix the locked panel problem and will also reset the sensors... so you dont need to remove the +12v directly to the sensor.

Guest nidgep

Hi

The PIR still looks as though it is working correctly (LED comes on and off etc).

The tamper LED indication on the panel is not illuminated.

Currently, the following LED's are illuminated:

POWER ON (Mains)

ATTACK

ZONE 4

The keypad remains locked. The internal sounder did give out a tone when the power (mains) was lost.

I do not know how old the system/panel is so I think I wil buy a new battery.

What size should I get? There are no remote keypads and only one bell box with an SAB, 4 PIR's and two shock sensors attached to windows. Will a 2aH battery suffice?

Also as an after thought - even if the backup battery has failed then why will the panel not reset when it must be getting the 12v from the transformer, or do these systems not work in this way?

Thanks

2.1AH WILL BE FINE

'ATTACK' LIGHT ON?

DOES THE PA BUTTON REQUIRE RE-SETTING

THIS WILL ALSO CAUSE A KEYPAD LOCKOUT

Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company

Guest RICHL

Optima panels are prone to crashing and not powering up correctly if they have a duff battery.

A 2Ah battery will be fine but I would fit a 3Ah - disconnect the old one and power up, enter code then connect the new battery. Also check the leads fit the battery tightly.

This should sort it but while youve got the panel lid off check the rear of the PCB on the right to see if there is any sign off damage/burning. If there is it will need sorting out or the new battery is a bit of a waste of time!

Guest nidgep

Thanks guys

I will open the panel - check for damage as suggested - if none present buy new battery.

I will re-check the status of the LED's on the panel - I am pretty sure that there is no PA button fitted anywhere.

I will take a photo of the panel in its current state and post it after the bank holiday for you all to look at. In this way any confusion can be avoided.

At this time I will also be in a better posiiton as to what the state the internals / battery etc. are.

Thanks to you all of your help so far.

Archived