Security Installer Community

Veritas R8 - External Alarm Wont Go Off!

kangarolf

Hi all,

I have a VeritasR8 that was in the house when I bought it. Had no codes with it and the default ones didnt work. It didnt really matter as it was all coming off the walls for redecorating. So the panel and all the PIRs etc have been disconnected from the mains for quite a few months!

Rewired the control panel back in using some photos and wiring diagrams I drew before I disconnected it. It boots up and I can use the default user code (####) and the default engineers code (####) to reset the control panel but I cant seem to get the external alarm to stop sounding. I've had to flip the power off on the fusebox again till I can sort this.

Any ideas..? Thank you all

Rolf

Im just about to get the ladder out and take a look inside the bell box now =). Fast reply! Will check for fuses etc. Havent changed the wiring in the actual bell box, wiring in the control panel could be incorrect after reconnecting it, but most things on the control panel seem to work except this but will certainly be rechecking the wiring.

Any other things I should look for....? Will be up the ladder for a little bit right now =)

Rolf

Sorry about the codes!

OK I took the SAB box off checked the wiring there and the fuse, no problem. Tamper microswitch was working as well. Replace the cover, powered up the alarm and this time no bell.

Now the SAB is flashing green and red, presumeably cos its been 'tampered' with. I cant get the SAB to reset now.

Sorry for the novice questions, Ive no experience of alarms.

Rolf

They are probably the deterrent leds, normal.

Enter eng code press 05, press 1 bell should sound press 1 to turn off. You could also press 2 to test strobe.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

Ahh right I see, just there to let people know the alarm is on and active.

Shame alarms go off so frequently now that people have become immune to them..dont get much response from most people except..'god I wish that alarm would stop!'

Mine is mostly for the smoke detectors..havet much faith in the actual bell putting anyone off.

OK firstly thanks for all the help!

This is where I am....if I flick the power on to the alarm it beeps for a while then gets more aggressive! No SAB though. If I tap in the default user code it stops and the UNSET light is lit.

Cant get into the engineers menu using the default engineer code, which I hoped would be reset by virtue of the battery and power being disconnected for so long. Got the multimeter on the PIRs and they are getting power, seemingly (alters with the power to the control panel mains power on but I am presumming thats cos the battery in the control panle now has some charge) but do not show any colour (others Ive seen have a green led that goes blue when there is motion).

Are there any other default engineer codes I can try...is there any other way to test the system out without the engineers code to try and isolate what the problem is..?

PS

I have tried the default user code then prog to try the walk test. I enter the code, all the zone lights come on, then I press PROG but I just get a dull error like sound and it doesnt seem to accept prog commands.

Thanks

Rolf

enter code press PROG enter 05 press 1 for bell and 2 for strobe

You can go to www.texe.com for a manual

As above ideally you should have it checked by a pro.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

Archived