Security Installer Community

Digi Communicator Required

ARJ

Chaps

We have a few sites that we want to link via our monitoring station, which although has mains power, will not have a BT Landline

(It' just not financially feasible to pay the monthly line rental and Landlord wishes to monitor rental properties, without using tenants line. Also line rental finishes when tenants move out and properties are empty short term)

We only need keyholder response, and want to communicate to the ARC via a Mobile/GSM signal.

(Doesn't want a crappy muffled voice recorded speach dialler)

I've heard that there are units out there, that will take either a "Pay as you go" or " contract" mobile sim card. The panel (Scan 9751) has the on-board comms so signals are already formatted for the ARC. - It just needs an A&B comms link to a mobile based comms device.

Can anyone recommend a make or device that operates purely by GSM/Mobile rather than dual-com ?

ARJ

A nearly retired previous installer !

Can anyone recommend a make or device that operates purely by GSM/Mobile rather than dual-com ?

Gardtec have just lauched one, its called the AGM. I cant find it on their site anymore but Ive got the pdf here if you want it.

Ive got a similar job on the go at the mo - out in the middle of no where, no landline but needing comms, so if you bought one and fitted it then reported back what you thought of it that would be really helpfull :whistle:

Chaps

We have a few sites that we want to link via our monitoring station, which although has mains power, will not have a BT Landline

(It' just not financially feasible to pay the monthly line rental and Landlord wishes to monitor rental properties, without using tenants line. Also line rental finishes when tenants move out and properties are empty short term)

We only need keyholder response, and want to communicate to the ARC via a Mobile/GSM signal.

(Doesn't want a crappy muffled voice recorded speach dialler)

I've heard that there are units out there, that will take either a "Pay as you go" or " contract" mobile sim card. The panel (Scan 9751) has the on-board comms so signals are already formatted for the ARC. - It just needs an A&B comms link to a mobile based comms device.

ARJ

is ip signaling an option?

Thanks Chaps,

Some usefull info there for me to pursue. (BTW, IP is not an option Tinnitus, but thanks anyway)

Any product links would be good if you have them aswell though

ARJ

Edit: Just found the Gardtec AGM link : www.riscogroup.co.uk/Products.aspx?proid=210&funid=2

A nearly retired previous installer !

Archived