Security Installer Community

C&k Securitech Manual

marcbs

Hi

Bit of a stab in the dark - moved in with my girlfriend and her house has a C&K Securitech Alarm (Well the keypad is branded as such, no markings on the panel/dialler). She has no manuals whatsoever so bit stuck. We've been using it successfully for 12 months or more but now when you set it the bell goes off and there is a static light (4) and a flashing light (2) on the keypad. Need to determine what is at fault and how I can fix it!

Any help is appreciated.

cheers

I dont see how a user manual will help you.. The staic light on 4 insicates that was the first to alarm and the flashing on 2 indicates that was a subsequent zone.. So whats on zone 4 and 2.. I reakon 2 is by the keypad (hallway) and is you coming to turn it off

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

I dont see how a user manual will help you.. The staic light on 4 insicates that was the first to alarm and the flashing on 2 indicates that was a subsequent zone.. So whats on zone 4 and 2.. I reakon 2 is by the keypad (hallway) and is you coming to turn it off

Can't say for sure as I have no way of knowing which sensor relates to which number. I can only assume that the original installer left the zone details written on the manual. I wanted the manual so I could walk or chime test to see which one is which.

You may well be right with the flashing zone as the keypad is near the back door which use a PIR as the entry trigger. As for 4...don't know.

Circuit 4 is the PIR at the top of the stairs, you know the one outside the airing cupboard, you forgot to part set the system last night as you were in a drunken stupor.

*Disclaimer...

this may or may not be true.

Thanks Norman I'll give it a go and see if I can solve the problem - much obliged sir

cheers

there are instructions for walk test on the keypad flap. It about 6 years since i have seen one of these but code *94 i think is walk test

James

cheers for that, I've found out which zone is which now. Although neither are the entry point PIR. Zone 2 is the lounge and Zone 4 the landing (no idea what zone 3 is, although there appears to be a smoke cloak in the hallway, though it's never triggered so assume it is dead - looks like a smoke alarm).

Bit of a pain in the ar*e as no obvious reason for the alarm triggering but can't check the sensors properly as don't have the engineer code or the details of the installer!

I've taken pictures of the keypad and panel box - have you any idea which model it is just from the pics?

Oh and there is no flap on the keypad! lol (however looking at the sides there may have been one once!)

Thanks for your help and apologies for the lengthy post!

Marc

post-10143-1163629116_thumb.jpgpost-10143-1163629160_thumb.jpg

If you want it serviced you can phone us on 2104814.

Adi

Thanks, I may well give you a call as there aint much point in having an alarm if it don't work!

Roughly how much for a service then? I assume you would have to default the panel unless the engineer code is set to the default...

cheers

Archived