Security Installer Community

Adt Accord Xpc Engineers Code Lockout

Guest Paul F

Ok,  I had a brief look when I last introduced an extra zone PIR to the panel and I noticed that it goes across zone 1 .  Would the activation terminals be on the Trig terminals to left side of the panel under the aux supplies?? 

Thanks for your help...

Yes, I may do so but trying to hold out for a while.  To be honest I have had no problem with the panel I have expanded it to almost full capacity now  I am now just trying to get round this issue but I may well upgrade in the next couple of years or so.  

9 hours ago, neonred said:

Ok,  I had a brief look when I last introduced an extra zone PIR to the panel and I noticed that it goes across zone 1 .  Would the activation terminals be on the Trig terminals to left side of the panel under the aux supplies?? 

Thanks for your help...

No, it would go to a spare zone and need programming appropriately. 

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Hi,  thanks for your help.  I hav'nt looked closely at the wiring from the reader but I would guess it will have a 12V supply it goes across Zone 1 and will also have a switch line going back to the panel to activate it.  If it's working as a simple switch the only programming would be learning and accepting the key fobs .  I would like to understand how it activates the panel and also does it use the zone as a kind of tamper ??

Cheers

I recently added another pir to the panel on zone 8.  Although the test function acknowledges the pir works it isn't activating the alarm.  It wasn't previously used and originally had a resistor across it which I have removed.  I have changed over zones 7,8 and to test the pir and wired into zone 7 it works fine and activates the alarm.

but zone 8 is still not activating the alarm.  Any idea what the cause may be.

I tested it using the test sequence on the keypad, user code  then (5) and then the system allows you to individually activate each pir by movement and it chimes twice when it picks you up the relevant zone number also flashes on the keypad.

I also changed the pir's round on zone's 7 and 8   The new pir circuit which I installed works fine on zone 7 but the original zone 7 which I swopped over won't work on zone 8  

I'd suggest a reputable company to come and programme it for you, they will need the original installer code or they can crash and reprogram it. Get it serviced at the same time if it's not been done for a while (12m is recommended) and this will ease the pain of the call out to a non maintained system. 

May also require a new back up battery if its older than 4 years. 

I've always replaced the batteries myself.  Electrical engineer by trade but as I didn't fit this I don't know the engineer codes also I cant get into programming modes.  I've tried everything in the user manual omitting zones and test.  Also powered down the system many times.  Would be interested to know how to crash the system. 

Unfortunately, and for obvious reasons, we can't advise people how to do this, likewise it will need reprogramming for your requirements in any case.

If you found the code to this system then potentially a lot of other systems by this installer could be compromised, how long ago was it under contract?